For more on Alice’s door:
All caught up? Great!
This is the gasket we ordered from Vintage Trailer Supply. It came with peel and stick adhesive but we followed the recommendation of other Airstreamers from the AirForums and those who left comments on the gasket on VTS and bought weather-strip adhesive too.
First we dry fitted the gasket to the door. We cut the section off that would be used for under the door per recommendations from other Airstreams.
Instead of keeping it all in one piece, we cut the section off that would be used for under the door per recommendations from other Airstreams. This way we could get a better fit by mitering the corner seams.
The adhesive is toxic. Wear a mask. It stinks and will make you light-headed very quickly.
We followed the manufacturers instructions on the weather strip adhesive and put a bead of adhesive on both the weather-stripping and the door. We let it set for 10 minutes so it would become “tacky.”
Once it was “tacky” we carefully (so carefully that it required all 4 of our hands to get the job done so I have no photos of this step) adhered the weather-stripping to the door and then clamped it into place
Once the clamps were in place Tim cut the mitered edge.
Then we let her sit.
After a few hours of drying everything was set and the door was ready to be closed. Our plan was to wait for our next Alice work day to install the gasket on the bottom.