We have a process and a plan, now we just need the weather to warm up to a bearable temp and for us to have free time at the same time and we will finally be able to make some progress!
Here is the process that was working for us the last time we were able to work on the subfloor. It is pretty simple.
I take out as many floor screws as I can with a drill and screw driver.
Every screw that I can get out with the drill-and/or-hammer-the-screwdriver-into-the-rusty-nail-and-slowly-attempt-to-unscrew-the-rusted-screw method is one less screw Tim has to saw out.
Since I took these photos, we have upgraded to a Carbide blade and we are hoping it will work even better. Every screw we remove is a little victory.
It is cold, so cold, but we are hoping that the weather forecast is very wrong and that the Saturday temps of a high of 0 and Sunday’s predicted high of -8 are just a mean joke.
If those are the temps… we may be putting off working on Alice for another weekend. *sigh* It is just too cold to function out there.